Kenya’s tourist product is well geared for domestic tourism, yet encouraging this vital sector can be a challenge.
For Domestic Tourism and travel info
Domestic Tourism has become a significant form of tourism in Kenya where it is found that it can cushion off the tourism industry during low periods of international tourist arrivals.
With the aggressive promotion of the domestic sector, local tourism business is expected to increase significantly as Kenyans disposable income gradually increases. The Ministry objectives for domestic tourism include:
To encourage Kenyans of all walks of life to become active participants in Domestic Tourism as a way of boosting the sector.
To create a network of Domestic Tourism stakeholders who will contribute to its growth and to organize relevant forums where they could participate in exchange of ideas.
- To maintain a constant in and outflow of information and data pertaining to Domestic Tourism.
- To produce tourism media, both electronic and print.
- To organize Domestic Tourism exhibitions.
- To aggressively market Domestic Tourism through constant product investigation and analysis leading to targeted promotions.
- To facilitate access of local people to the product and educate Kenyans on local attractions and products.
- To negotiate with stakeholders to subsidies the rates for local residents throughout the year in line with local earnings.
- To organize regular press briefings.